Plasma coating is the application of a nano-coating material onto a surface via a plasma.
The material is injected into the plasma via a jet nozzle. The plasma excites the coating material and this increases the coatings reactivity.
The plasma coating is then applied to the surface. Due to the excited nature of the coating, the material coverage is optimised and the bonding is improved.
The plasma coating process can be used to coat different materials like metals, glass, ceramics and plastics. It can be adjusted individually to the substrate.
These nano coatings can be made to be hydrophobic (water repellent) and hydrophillic (water absorbant) depending on your requirements.
Examples of plasma coating applications include:
– Improvement of barrier characteristics of plastics for packaging
– Improved paint application with long-term stability and resulting high flexibility in manufacturing
– PT Release coatings, for injection molding tools, allow a high number of process cycles without the components having to be stressed with release agents that contain silicone.
– PT Bond coatings assuring long-term adhesion in the adhesive joint.
– Corrosion protection coatings that offer extremely high corrosion protection with long term resistance to corrosive electrolytes (especially for aluminum alloys) because of their good barrier effect
Talk to us about your project and plasma coating using nano-coatings now.
We have the knowledge, tools, experience and the complete solutions whatever you need. We are here to help.
Contact us now.