Thin Film Partners is pleased to announce the launch of a wide range of services and advanced capabilities in chemical testing, surface materials and other analytics.
Listing of Analytical Services
A recent addition to the family of Associates of Thin Film Partners enables us to extend a diverse range of analytical techniques and tests.
We can support your R&D projects and clients.
- Our team can solve quality issues.
- Our expert team can trouble-shoot, mitigate risk and tackle advanced challenges.
- Our lab can test an expanded range of chemicals and substrates.
- Offering analysis of surface microstructures and materials (polymers, films, conformal coatings, metals, plastics, ceramics, glass, and various impurities or contaminants).
- Chemicals and contamination analysis.
- Forensic investigation and failure analysis.
- Particle and elemental analysis, including depth profiling and cleanliness.
- Complete services in Electron Microscopy Scanning (ESM), including x-ray diffraction and Nano-materials evaluation.
- Working in all industry segments: Medical, Aerospace, Aviation, Defense, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, solar, semi-conductor, LED, Sensor, and MEMS
- Our services extend to the global community.
Specialized Characterization Range of Services
- Morphology of coatings
- Characterization of surface defects and drying spots at high resolution
- Release profiles for drug eluting stents
- Cross-section imaging of coatings on wires and stents
- Characterization of raw materials such as polymers and drugs using spectroscopy
- Biocompatibility studies using cell culture
Materials Characterization Equipment
Available to Thin Film Partners are three electron microscopes and a cluster of instruments for materials characterization, including the following:
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope
- FTIR- Fourier Transform Infrared (Spectrophotometer
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometer
- Sample preparation instruments such as microtome, polishers, cutter and, sputter coaters
- Optical and Fluorescence Microscopes
- FEI Quanta 3D FEG Focused Ion Beam and Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (FIB/ESEM)
- Hitachi S-4800 UHR Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Hitachi HD-2300A Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope (STEM)
- Veeco Nanoscope IIIa Multimode Scanning Probe Microscope
- Varian Excalibur Series Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) instruments, the FTS-4000 Spectrometer and the UMA-600 Microscope
- PerkinElmer Diamond Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC)
- TA Instruments Q800 Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA)
- TA Instruments Q50 Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA)
- Rigaku Ultima III X-ray Diffractometer with Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS)
- Jobin Yvon Horiba Confocal Raman Spectrometer
- Bruker FT-Raman Spectrometer
- Micromeritics ASAP 2020 particle and porosity analyzer
- Thermo Scientific XSeries2 ICP-MS
- Rheometer and Pycnometer
- UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Tantec Model CAM-MICRO Contact Angle Meter
Instruments to support analyses, such as sputter coaters, ultra-microtome, critical point dyer, fluorescence microscopes and optical microscopes are also available.