Acrylic conformal coatings are used in protecting circuit boards in every sector of the modern world.
Historically, they are the oldest material to be used as a conformal coating and the acrylic resin continues to dominate for the time being.
There are many reasons why the acrylic conformal coating is the most popular.
These reasons include:
- Excellent humidity resistance. They are perfect for protecting circuit boards from moisture.
- Performance in production. They are very simple to use.
- Cost effective. They are the lowest cost materials.
- Fast curing. They reach optimum properties very quickly.
- Simple repair. They are easy to remove as they have very little chemical resistance.
There are more positive points but these key points sum up the versatility of the acrylic conformal coating in protecting electronics and being cost effective.
So where are acrylic conformal coatings used?
Acrylic coatings are used in every sector including:
- Controls and drives
- LED Lighting & display panels
- Mobile phones
- Oil & gas
- Solar panels
- White goods
As stated previously they have been used in every electronics application there is where environmental protection is required and they will continue to be a force in electronics protection.
Ask us how we can help you with your conformal coating requirements?
Talk to us about your project. See how we can save you money now.
We have the knowledge, tools, experience and the complete solutions whatever you need. We are here to help.
Contact us now.